The nesting plan: office update
I did a bit of work in the office last night, along with J’s help. Though I have discovered I am still terrible at knowing where I want things on the wall and being able to instruct someone else to do it. He got the big canvas up but I’m unhappy with the bulletin board placement/the fact that you can see the hooks so I’m going to redo. He is so helpful and totally doesn’t understand why I am so picky but his ability to pick good clothing and discern the right trends in no way flows into home decor or design detail so I’m not really expecting understanding on this one. I’m just expecting to fix it myself so it doesn’t drive me nuts.
He is intensely practical in this area and many others, so a bulletin board must simple stay on the wall to be deemed a success. This is not my way my dear.
So the office, after some additional cleanup today (while the kids watched youtube videos, including this Elmo one I think is super groovy) here’s where we stand.
Purge and organize books in some logical wayGot them into general categories and tossed a couple that had escaped the pre-move purge Get everything that should be stored up off the floor and into a closet or storage room
- Sit down with a plan and roughly map out the look/colour scheme of this room so it has a shot at being cohesive in the end
- Fill display shelves
- Wash windows and window sill
Fix or throw away tower fanTook a bit of digging but I found replacements for the missing screw and it no longer falls over from the force of it’s own air movement. Moved to storage room for the Winter
John’s artand bulletin boards Halfway there…
- Decide what’s going over my desk, purchase and hang
- Possibly move filing cabinet into closet (figure out where the printer would go then…)
- Clean out desk drawers, put in an organization system
- Clean off and wipe down desk tops
- Clean computers, monitors, keyboards, etc.
- Clean out closet, decide what’s going in there and put it back together
- Label everything
- Get more bins for upper closet storage
- Possibly get baskets or closed storage to go on the top of the bookshelves for rarely used office items
I have more to say about this room and my total lack of direction… but that will have to wait. I need more time to research as I can’t very well just blog OH CRAP IT LOOKS BAD WHAT DO I DO?!
Though it does and I don’t know and so feel free to share how you have rescued style-less rooms full of furniture you must work with. Any tips?