The nesting plan: Office update about pretty much nothing
Oh blah. The office. It’s not going so well. These last couple weeks have just been a bit on the full side, with J out of town all weekend, midwife visits, birthday party planning and now a trip to visit J’s grandma on Friday. So pretty much nothing got done and in fact some things got undone.
Can I allow Marlow to distract you from this fact?
So here’s a quick update to try and squeeze something positive out of an otherwise pretty stale project. Hopefully I can kick it into gear soon, especially with our next houseguest to use the room expected to arrive on the 12th. Yay Dad!
Lest you think I think I’ve gotten away with not finishing the tasks that were left behind on my other lists, here too is a quick report of what else we got done recently.
Vacuum and wash out washer and dryerYay, I finally did this! Buy another bin for top shelf of laundry closet to hold baby blankets
- Take all recycling to the depot On J’s List
- Hang hockey sticks on wall in storage room On J’s List
- Wash out recycling bins and re-label On J’s List
The List (Office)
Purge and organize books in some logical way Get everything that should be stored up off the floor and into a closet or storage room
- Sit down with a plan and roughly map out the look/colour scheme of this room so it has a shot at being cohesive in the end (working on it… see my Pinterest board if you are procrastinating from something)
- Fill display shelves
- Wash windows and window sill
Fix or throw away tower fanFixed and in the storage room Hang John’s art and bulletin boardsEnded up only giving him one bulletin board and stealing the other for my own desk
- Decide what’s going over my desk, purchase and hang
- Possibly move filing cabinet into closet (figure out where the printer would go then…)
- Clean out desk drawers, put in an organization system
- Clean off and wipe down desk tops
- Clean computers, monitors, keyboards, etc.
- Clean out closet, decide what’s going in there and put it back together
- Label everything
- Get more bins for upper closet storage
- Possibly get baskets or closed storage to go on the top of the bookshelves for rarely used office items
So ya… I think we did like one thing. But we got that art up on the wall and it is a pretty critical part of the overall project so I’m happy about that. The rest will just take a bit more planning on my part and probably some concentrated time of J and I in there together making decisions. Which as two firstborns we are SUPER good at. Go team.
P.S. I swear to you pictures are coming.